Monday, January 26, 2009

The case of the light fingered lily livered wallet lifter

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! I thought it would never happen to me. Sure I'm careless, sure I'm trusting, and yes I walk away from my purse in the store, at the bar, in the airport. BUT I NEVER THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULD EVER REALLY TAKE IT!!!!!

Yep, my wallet was stolen today and I joined the long list of humans who've had to make that frantic call to their bank, scramble to find challenge phrases and account passwords. Oh the horror. For chrissakes I even had to order a new insurance card, well actually I didn't HAVE to I just wasn't able to locate the second card they sent me last year.

Kudos to my cops. I love these guys. I walked into my office and saw what the deviants left behind and felt a slow burn combo of rage, horror, and absolute disgust. I reached for the phone and dialed my Chief of Police, that's right I said it, MY Chief of Police, ohh I know you're jealous... He sent my favorite officers down to take a report, settle my anxieties, and basically humor me, for let's face it, my wallet was long gone. They searched the offices, the hallways, and the trash cans around my office. They did their due diligence as I struggled not to cry my irresponsible eyes out.

So I made the calls, ordered the new cards, deposited money into my new accounts and slowly but surely all will be right with the world. But until I receive the 1st of my new cards, I think I have a right to be a little pissed....to be honest I really wanted to label this post F@%k, F*C&, F@ckity , F@%ck, F*ck!!! But thought twice about it.

BTW - I just registered on www.freecreditreport.com let's hope it helps.
-CW

No comments: