Saturday, January 16, 2010

Help me find my "Match"

Ok ladies, I need help and I trust you guys to give it (since the 4 of you are the only ones reading my blog).  As you know I've avoided going to internet to solve my dating slump - do you call NEVER having a date a slump?  Whatever!  I need to turn this boat around and get out there and find someone or at least give them the opportunity to find me.  So I joined a site on Sunday and I wrote a profile.  It's been 5 days now and....nothing.  Seriously, nothing.  And this is where you come in, take a look at my profile and tell me what I can do to improve it.  In the past I've posted to entertain, now I'm posting because I'm tired of entertaining.  Are you willing to help me?

I am eager, serious, and caring.


My Self-Summary
You've read this a thousand times, but I swear - I'm horrible at writing about myself. I mean really, I'd love to be able to write the perfect couple of sentences that would draw my match to me. Something that says I'm witty, enticing, and you can't live without me, but alas...you're stuck with what I've been able to come up with in this tiny little box. Truth is I'm a super duper friend and great employee, looking for someone to expand on the good things in my life. Don't get me wrong, I've lived a full life but am no where near calling it quits, what do you still want to do?

What I’m doing with my life
That's a great question! I've done so much already that it's probably time to update my inventory. Right now, I'm happy in the work I do, and very pleased to have no plans to move in the near future. I'm working on establishing roots in my new community and enjoy the life I'm making for myself in the District.

I’m really good at
most things I try...but that's only because I read the manual first. It's my secret weapon.

The first things people usually notice about me
I'm approachable - yeah I said it, bet you haven't read that in a profile before :)

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
Ahhh haaa, now to the good stuff. I love to read and fluctuate between biographies, novels, detective stories, and topical essays. The book in my bag right now is What the Dog Saw.

I love movies, all genres, all eras. But my fav are film noir, have you ever seen Double Indemnity?

Food makes me smile, find a good restaurant and I'll be sitting right there next to you.

The six things I could never do without
Everything can be replaced and life is about evolving and adapting.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
What I'd like to do next. Not daydreaming, but seriously trying to figure out my next steps. I'm almost 40 and feel that my life is no where near being over.

On a typical Friday night I am
getting ready to do something fun...

The most private thing I’m willing to admit here
I'm looking for a long term relationship that just might lead to something bigger.

You should message me if
You'd like to learn more about me and think I'd like to learn more about you.


I didn't think it's that bad, why no hits???

2 comments:

Meg Daniel said...

It certainly isn't "bad"! You are quite a catch. My guess is the right people just haven't come across you yet. Most people I know who have done online dating stuff have waited a week or two before getting any hits on their profile. Hang in there. You are an amazing, talented, intelligent, CATCHABLE woman!!

Love you lots!
Meg

'gina said...

I think your best answer is the one to "I spend a lot of time thinking about . . ." The response was from the gut and those few words in the response say a lot about you. the answer that probably needs some revision is the first one. Feels canned. Not electric and interesting like you are. I like your "I'm really good at . .." answer. "Food makes me smile" is a good one too.

One of my very best friends in my whole life found love through internet matches. I have met into several people who swear by it.

So I'm about a week late on this - any hits :-)
regina