Friday, October 14, 2011

Driving along with a song in my heart...

Today I drove from DC to Charleston, SC and I had a blast.  I rented a 2011 Ford Taurus and might I add this little darling is tricked out.  It has leather seats, chrome wheels, Sirius radio, sync technology and more importantly the driver's seat elevates so I can comfortably see over the steering wheel - excellent!

All that aside, let's get to the good stuff, shall we?  So as I said, I drove from DC to Charleston in what many might consider good time (7 hours). Of course while I would want to take all the credit, alas I can not, nope I my friends was part of a motor caravan of speed limit daredevils.  It was fantastic! We navigated traffic with a skill matched only by the best of the Indianapolis Speedway (slight exaggeration, but you get my point - we were going fast). Add to that North Carolina's love for 80's music and I was in driver's heaven...Depeche Mode never gets old...sing along darlings!

After a long couple of weeks full of health scares and gas leaks, I'm spending this weekend at the beach with my Mom and friends.  We're going to laugh, drink, eat, and drink some more. This is what I call rejuvenating and getting and ready for all the bright and shiny new opportunities that are destined to come my way.

No comments: