Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Long time no write...how you doing'?

The pilot's voice came across loud and clear.  It's 6:10 am and we'll be landing at Heathrow shortly.  LONDON CALLING!  Goddammit where did the time go? It's only been one movie (Brave-too friggin'' cute), an episode of Newsroom and Mad Men, and recreating my annual self assessment that the VPN gods felt necessary to delete, since we left JFK.  Is it true? Did I really do it?  Did I fake myself out, defy the odds, pull the ultimate fast one? Am I really about to spend 5 days solo in the world's most beloved country?  Holy crappers I think I am!
Oh great coffee gods, keep me going-keep me going


BTW ladies did I mention that I've already had my Love Actually moment?  Yep, I did and I almost fell over in shock when it happened.  It's the scene where Liam Neeson's character's son goes racing through the terminal gates in search of "the one." Well girls the gate area looks exactly like the movie, it stopped me dead in my tracks. (I'd load the pic but I can't figure out how to move photos to the blog on my iPad just yet)...now I'm off to skulk around the neighborhood until I can check-in.

Oh and yes, the significance of it being a year to the date since I last blogged isn't lost on me.

Cheers mate!

No comments: