Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Back in the Saddle...

On a clear day rise and look around you and you'll see who you are.  On a clear day how it will astound you that the glow of your being outshines every star.  You’ll feel part of every mountain sea and shore…” Frank Sinatra

That’s right folks C-dub is taking a trip to the bright side.  I’m super excited to be headed on my very first introspective, self empowering journey as I train for the Nike Women’s ½ Marathon, being held here in Washington, DC.  Over the next 3 months I plan to prepare not only my body but also my spirit. 
P-shaw, what’s that you say “Negative Nellie”, “She Who Encounters All Things Hard” you’re making a change?  But don’t you say that every year around this same time?  Umm, you got me there folks, funny how the date of my race and my inherent need to make changes coincides with the Lenten season.  Well maybe it isn’t as funny as much as it’s convenient.  Either way, I’ll take it.
My plan is to commit to my running/training schedule and document all the fun and hilarity that ensues (trust me, if it happens to me, you’ll find it funny).  Interspersed between my oooohhh so exciting training notes will be my thoughts on steps I take to make myself happy.  This might come in the form of seminars, activities, discussions, books, or music…whatever I can find and wherever I find it.  It's gonna happy days, happy times, happiness all around.  Rainbows will be birthing butterflies, puppies will be bathing with pandas, babies will be helping the homeless - madness, madness I tell ya!  Keep in mind, whatever I post is out there to help me grow so if you have an opinion feel free to share it; it’s all part of the process…
Doggone it Frank, I’m ready for some positivity, happiness, and all around bright and sunny days you had Barbara singing about.  Who’s with me?
-Cw

No comments: