Thursday, July 14, 2011

Christina Golightly...

Tonight my friends and I sat on a grassy lawn and watched Audrey Hepburn in the classic, Breakfast at Tiffany's.  We laughed, talked, and drank amazingly tastey champagne in "The Front." I smiled as I passed out to each of them bags of M&Ms midway through the movie and I loudly started yelling colors and tossing the corresponding candies into the street..."blue, yellow, red, green..." What are you doing? I answered, "I only like the brown ones cause there's less coloring."  With a twisted grin and puzzled look I realized she didn't get it.

So let me explain why I was acting so strangely.  Some of you may remember the final scene of the Wedding Planner where Matthew McConaughey finds Jennifer Lopez on the lawn of the Hollywood Bowl watching Breakfast of Tiffany's and sorting her M&Ms.  Tearfully she turns to him and says, "Someone told me to only eat the brown ones cuz there's less coloring in them."  Yup! I pulled a Rom Com double dip....

Thanks friends, I had a great evening and let me just say this...that black bean dip was AWESOME! Cowgirl Creamery picked some amazing cheeses for us, and damn Amir, that was a superb chocolate cake.  Oh and yes, we drained 6 bottles of champagne and half a bottle of white wine...I'm not saying this because I'm bragging about irresponsible behavior or even claiming we were lushes. I'm sharing this to entice our friends who couldn't make it to clear their calendars for next time...this girl knows how to throw a party.



No comments: