Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Posting on the Fly

Today's achievement was small but carried a big punch.  It's been almost three years since I've seen a live stadium concert, so what does this over achiever do?  Why she buys a $50 ticket to a TOTALLY FREE show, of course.  And might I add I bought one ticket, yeah I said it, one ticket.  I'm going so-lo.  I've watched the live concert blogs for months trying to find out when The Black Keys and TV on the Radio would be in the DC area and today I found out.  Both are performing at the Virgin Mobile Free Fest being held here in DC Sept. 10th.

Am I disappointed I ended up buying only one ticket? Meh ...maybe a little.  But those of you who know me, know that after about 15-20 minutes of my "woe is me" pity party, I will get over it and will be able to recite the names of everyone around me, the beer vendor, parking attendant, the roadies with the band, and you betcha I'll get an invitation to the backstage after party. 

Actually I'm pretty psyched that I had the audacity to decide to go alone - yeah I rock!

If you wanna rock with me they're giving out FREE tickets on Friday, July 15th.  http://www.facebook.com/VirginMobileLive?cmpid=p-hp-mps2-freefest-071111&sk=app_174402785926020

And for you out-of-towners, I just might let you sleep on my couch.

2 comments:

Hello Kitty said...

ok, i posted.

Michelle Robenalt said...

Looks like a fun concert, but I'll be in Chicago that weekend watching my 4YO be a ring bearer in a wedding.