Monday, March 14, 2011

Vacations bring clarity

So my friends, I've enjoyed an amazingly relaxing vacation amidst the chaotic backdrop of three children ages 4, 1, and 9 mos. I didn't think it was possible but between the bottles, naps, diaper explosions and tantrums I re-connected with four of my dearest friends. I've always felt I was a horrible friend, I don't call enough, I don't write enough, I might remember a birthday but can't figure out which one, and boy oh boy do I drop off the face of the earth when I get overwhelmed by my own world.  And these four people still talk to me, still email me, and for some ungodly reason still love and care about me. It's Lenten season and I have pledged to gain more control over my physical self by abstaining from desserts, but I wish I could have a do over, because what I'd really like to do is use these four as an example and pledge to be a better friend to all who have crossed my path, shared a coffee, listened when I've whined, held my hand when I've cried, and forgave me when I'd done nothing worthy of forgiveness. 

Damn I love Denver...

No comments: